Originally known as the Majhul date, it goes by other names such as Tamar al-majhul, Medjool, majhool, or Medjoul. This date is fairly large and sweet and cultivated in varieties. Medjool dates are said to originate from Tafilalt in Morocco. However, they are also grown in other regions like Jordan, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Palestine, Israel, and the United States. They are planted for both landscaping and harvesting purposes. Medjool is a very popular consumer good in Israel. The country is the leading exporter of Medjool in the world. It currently controls over 60% of the global Medjool exportation market.
Organic dates user to replace sugar
Organic dates can be used as a satisfying snack, but they are much more than that. Naturally sweet, they are rich in nutrients. Due to this natural sweetness, the stones can be used as a great sugar replacement for baked goods and smoothies. Also, with organic dates, you can quickly whip up a nice appetizer. And if you are the bold type in the kitchen, you can even insert some dates onto your pizza. Even better, organic dates have numerous health benefits and can be safely used to make many weight and therapeutic loss diets.
Benefits of organic dates
Apart from being great food elements, organic dates can be beneficial to health. Some of the useful health benefits of these fruits include:
The American Heart Association have recommended organic dates as healthy for the heart.
Organic dates are rich in vitamin B6 and many other important nutrients.
- They are high in antioxidants.
- They are rich in potassium.
- They are a great source of fibre.
- They are free from cholesterol.
- They are free from sodium.
Seven great ideas to enjoy organic dates in their healthy form
- As a snack: Organic dates are perfect in their raw form. The fruits are great as snacks either as Medjool dates with a great caramel note and a firm texture or as Deglet Noor dates with their sugary flavour. You can come close as a hearty and healthy treat in the mid-day. Organic dates can also be added to trail mixes. Best of all, they can be used as a replacement for your kids’ sugary desserts and candies.
- Used as sweeteners for baked goods: Organic dates are a great addition to any baked dessert whether pureed or chopped. Their moist and thick nature gives them a chewy texture which is great for homemade energy bars and cookies. Additionally, they have a natural sweetness that makes all baked items a treat without the need to use refined sugar.
- Get them stuffed for a flavorful appetizer: Pitted dates have a cavity that makes them great to get creative with flavour combinations. With this option, you can easily stuff your organic Medjool or Deglet Noor dates. When it comes to stuffed dates, there are several options such as peanut butter, brie cheese, bleu cheese, goat cheese, cooked grains, pretzels pistachios, walnut, pecans, almonds, and so on. For those cooks who are adventurous in the kitchen, you can also use bacon to wrap up the stuffed dates.
- Adding organic dates to salad, rice, or grains: Spice up your meals by adding chopped-up organic dates for that sweet taste. They can be tossed into your salad. They can be mixed into your quinoa side dish or your rice. Or you may just let them melt in your hot plate of oatmeal.
- Date syrups as nutritious sweeteners: Organic date syrups can be used in the kitchen in countless ways. From sweetening pancakes to salad dressing to getting used as yoghurt flavours. It can also be used as a glaze or a marinade. Date syrup is more enjoyable due to its subtle sugar content in comparison to agave nectar, maple syrup, and honey. Its complex taste also features sultry notes of vanilla, caramel, and brown sugar.
- Insert date powder into sweets and smoothies: Powder from dates is also known as date sugar. They are a complex and healthy alternative to regular sugar in our food. Date powder can be used to replace sugar in any meal. They can be used as seasonings, confections, and smoothies.
- Dates are good with freezing: Organic dates as fruits are excellent treats to have all the time because they can be preserved easily. The dates can retain their quality at room temperature for as many as three months. If refrigerated, the dates can last for about six months. If you want them to last for a considerable time, they can be placed in the freezer and stored for about two years. For more info on organic dates visit https://joolies.com/ .