Internet marketing includes the promotion of certain services and goods, and increasing the number of customers who use the search engine. This includes such types of marketing as SEO, SMM, Internet advertising, etc.
Digital marketing has many tools and during the quarantine, their use is a necessity for every business.
Digital marketing is a term for the marketing of goods and services that use digital technologies, tools, and channels to attract and retain a target audience.
Digital marketing includes a lot of tactics, methods, means of promoting goods, services, and brands.
The main digital marketing tools include:
- SEO(search engine optimization) is the process of optimizing a site for search engines, to raise the position of the site in the results of the search results of search engines based on certain user requests.
The main factors of site ranking in Google include:
Internal optimization of the site (complex of works directly on the site):
- headings h1-h3
- the uniqueness of the content on the site and its optimization
- adaptability and cross-browser compatibility
- site loading speed
- internal relinking, etc
External optimization of the site (complex of activities outside the site) – increasing the number and quality of links to the site.
- SMM (social media marketing )
Business companies do not always use Instagram or Facebook for promotion. It is often necessary to choose sites in a niche that corresponds to your business, because there is a target audience there.
The duties of an SMM specialist are:
- Development of the publication’s media plan
- Creation, and development of content for social networks
- Monitor and respond to info drives
- Analyze the effectiveness of social networks. How the number of followers of the page grows, whether the number of customers from social networks increases, and income from social networks.
- Setting up paid advertising in the social network (usually this is done by a separate specialist – a targeting specialist)
- Content marketing – a set of activities aimed at attracting the target audience by creating and distributing useful information.
Content marketing helps to build long-term relationships with the target audience. With its help, they attract potential customers and keep existing ones. Sites that have a blog get more organic traffic.
The most important thing for content is to be useful!
When users read your information materials, they get to know you and your company better, begin to trust you and gradually become your customers.
- Contextual advertising– a set of measures aimed at advertising by the content of the Internet page manually or automatically, it can be in the form of a banner or a text advertisement.
Contextual advertising is shown in search engines, on various sites, in mobile applications and on other resources.
The advantages of contextual advertising are the target audience (a large functionality of advertising systems provides many tools that allow you to contact users who are interested in you) and a quick result (contextual advertising starts working from the moment of its launch, and you immediately see the return in the form of calls and sales).
- Email marketingis a way of promoting goods, services, and brands via email.
The key to the success of email distribution and the effectiveness of the email strategy is a high-quality subscriber base. You will succeed only if you communicate with people who are interested in your product, service, or brand. The mailing list can include not only addresses, but also names, country and city, date of birth and any other information. You will then create personalized, triggered, relevant campaigns based on this data.
- SERM (search engine reputation management) – a set of measures that allows you to shift negative information in the search results and to present the brand positively and effectively. Simply put, this term refers to several measures aimed at creating a positive image of the company in the eyes of potential customers.
SERM involves working with forums and social networks, posting news and image content, working with reviews, etc.
Digital marketing has many tools, we briefly considered the main ones. During the quarantine, the use of digital tools is a necessity for every business. More and more companies are moving online, so the development of the company online will be the key to success.